Exploring Earth Science 2Nd Edition By Stephen Reynolds – Test Bank
Test Bank For Exploring Earth Science 2Nd Edition By Stephen Reynolds
- ISBN-10 : 1259638618
- ISBN-13 : 978-1259638619
Exploring Earth Science, Second Edition, by Stephen Reynolds and Julia Johnson, is an revolutionary textbook meant for an introductory faculty geology course, corresponding to earth science. This floor-breaking, visually spectacular e-book was designed following cognitive and academic analysis on how college students suppose, study, and examine.
Practically all data within the e-book is constructed round 2,600 pictures and beautiful illustrations, slightly than lengthy blocks of textual content. These annotated illustrations assist college students visualize geologic processes and ideas, and are suited to the best way most instructors already train. To alleviate cognitive load and allow college students to concentrate on one necessary geologic course of or idea at a time, the e-book consists completely of two-web page spreads organized into 20 chapters. Every chapter is a studying cycle, which begins with a visually partaking two-web page unfold a couple of compelling geologic problem. Every two-web page unfold is a self-contained block of details about a selected matter, emphasizing geologic ideas, processes, options, and approaches. These spreads assist college students study and arrange geologic data in a brand new and thrilling method. Every chapter ends with an “Investigation” that challenges college students with an issue related to a digital place.
Inquiry is embedded all through the e-book, modeling how scientists examine issues. The title of every two-web page unfold and matter heading is a query meant to immediate readers to consider the subject and develop into and motivated to discover additional for solutions. Most two-web page spreads comprise a Earlier than You Go away This Web page guidelines that highlights what’s necessary and what’s anticipated of scholars earlier than they transfer on. This listing incorporates studying goals for the unfold and gives a transparent method for the trainer to point to the scholar what’s necessary. The gadgets on these lists are compiled right into a grasp What-to-Know Listing supplied to instructors, to allow them to delete or add entries to swimsuit studying objectives and to distribute to college students earlier than they start studying the e-book.
New to This Edition
• Your entire textual content has been considerably revised for readability and concision.
• Each chapter incorporates vital additions and enhancements, together with new pictures, revised figures, and reorganization.
• New fonts enhance readability on moveable digital units.
• Greater than 180 new pictures signify a wider geographic variety and supply extra element and readability about varied processes and options, whether or not on land, within the ambiance, or within the water.
• The textual content consists of new and revised figures.
• New spreads and knowledge concentrate on sedimentary environments and influence craters and revised protection on local weather change.
• The textual content displays new concepts and gives new knowledge on subjects corresponding to Pluto, comets, satellite tv for pc temperatures, and sea-degree rise.
• Textual content packing containers are numbered to guides pupil to learn in a selected order. McGraw-Hill’s Join (accessible as an optionally available, add-on merchandise) is the one built-in studying system that empowers college students by repeatedly adapting to ship simply what they want, once they want it, and the way they want it, in order that class time is more practical. Join permits the professor to assign homework, quizzes, and exams simply and routinely grades and information the scores of the scholar’s work. Issues are randomized to forestall sharing of solutions and in addition could have a multistep resolution to information college students’ studying alongside in the event that they expertise problem.
Concerning the Writer
Stephen J. Reynolds acquired a B.A. from the College of Texas at El Paso, and an M.S. and a Ph.D. in geosciences from the College of Arizona. Dr. Reynolds is a professor within the Faculty of Earth and House Exploration at Arizona State College, the place he has taught regional geology, earth sources, evolution of landscapes, discipline research, and educating strategies. He has directed the geologic framework and mapping program of the Arizona Geological Survey, finishing a brand new Geologic Map of Arizona. As a Nationwide Affiliation of Geoscience Academics distinguished speaker, he has traveled throughout the nation presenting talks and workshops on infuse energetic studying and inquiry into massive introductory geology lessons. He’s a generally invited speaker to nationwide workshops and symposia on energetic studying, visualization, and educating. Dr. Reynolds is the writer of the extremely profitable Exploring Geology.