Advanced Practice Nursing in the Care of Older Adults 3rd Edition Laurie Kennedy-Malone-Test Bank
Format: Downloadable ZIP File
Resource Type: Test bank
Duration: Unlimited downloads
Delivery: Instant Download
Test Bank for Advanced Practice Nursing in the Care of Older Adults 3rd Edition Laurie Kennedy-Malone
ISBN-13978-1719645256Meet the diverse health care needs of older adults!
Explore effective ways to enhance the wellness and independence of older adults across the wellness-illness continuum, including acute, primary, and long-term care.
From an overview of the theories of aging and assessment through the treatment of disorders, including complex illnesses, this evidence-based book provides the comprehensive gerontological coverage you need to prepare for your role as an Advanced Practice Nurse. With information on healthy aging, comprehensive geriatric assessment, and common symptoms and illnesses that present in older adults, this text serves as a guide for students preparing for boards, as well as a reliable source of information for practicing nurses.
Five Stars “To the point resources on geriatric conditions/syndromes. Very easy to read/access the content you need…bulleted and formatted for quick reference. Helpful sections on evidence-based guidelines.”—Ben, Online Reviewer
Should be titled “GET THIS BOOK NOW!”“GREAT book for my new job…I’ve been an NP to college students and in urgent care, but this is the first time I’ve been a nurse practitioner for a geriatric house call practice and this book is perfect. I am really enjoying the format, the timely and research backed treatment protocols and the compassionate, well written style for advising anyone in the business of taking care of old folks! This is a must-read for all medical people but is especially suited to a Geriatric NP or Family Practice NP who see elderly patients regularly.”—Online Reviewer
- Expanded, Revised & Updated! Thoroughly updated to reflect the art and the science of care of the older adult as well as the newest evidence and changes in health care
- Expanded! Coverage of approximately 20 new disorders
- New Chapter!Settings of Care
- New Chapter Online! Infectious Diseases with coverage of COVID-19, HIV/AIDS, and more
- New! Coverage of LGBTQ+ and transgender issues in Chapter 2
- Body systems chapters covering common disorders in the older adult
- Coverage of psychosocial issues that can affect the health and wellness of the older adult, family, and society.
- Polypharmacy information to guide you through the complexity of prescribing for older adults taking multiple medications
- “Signal Symptoms” feature to help you quickly target potential differential diagnoses
- Strength of Recommendation Taxonomy (SORT), a patient-centered approach to grading evidence in medical literature which provides a direct reference to evidence-based practice recommendations for clinicians to consider in the care of older adults
- In-text case studies to provide further practice and review