Sports Law Governance and Regulation, Third Edition Matthew J. Mitten, Timothy Davis, Barbara Osborne, N. Jeremi Duru-Test Bank
Format: Downloadable ZIP File
Resource Type: Test bank
Duration: Unlimited downloads
Delivery: Instant Download
Test Bank For Sports Law Governance and Regulation, Third Edition Matthew J. Mitten, Timothy Davis, Barbara Osborne, N. Jeremi Duru
- ISBN-10 : 1543810829
- ISBN-13 : 978-1543810820
In Sports Law: Governance and Regulation, Third Edition four of the nation’s leading sports law scholars have merged their expertise to produce this problem-based sports law and governance text for undergraduate and graduate students. Drawing on the work they have done in developing the field’s leading sports law casebook for law students, they present this text in the traditional law school case method style, but with an eye toward accessibility for non-law students. Whether students are interested in careers in professional or amateur sports law, this text will equip them with the foundational knowledge necessary to identify legal issues, minimize risk, and become a generation of problem solvers within the sports industry. Contracts, torts, agency, labor and employment, racial and gender equity, antitrust, and intellectual property law are all addressed, as are health and safety issues and high school, college, and international/Olympic/regulatory concerns. Moreover, the text explores the sports industry with an appreciation of its dynamism, examining topics from cutting edge issues in athlete representation to the uncertain future of big-time intercollegiate athletics. Sports Law: Governance and Regulation, Third Edition is a must for undergraduate and graduate students interested in the sports industry.
New to the Third Edition:
- Changes to the NCAA’s governance and enforcement structures, and updated bylaws and cases related to student-athlete scholarships, transfer rights, and name, image and likeness opportunities.
- Coverage regarding the minimizing of health and safety risks from youth through professional sport arising from concussions and the liability of various institutions for concussion-related injuries.
- New sections on sexual orientation discrimination, participation rights of transgender and intersex athletes, and the obligation of organizations to protect athletes from sexual misconduct.
- Professional sport developments regarding the appropriate breadth of commissioner authority, updated MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL collective bargaining agreements, and an expanded discussion of professional sports leagues’ personal conduct, disciplinary issues, and domestic violence policies.
- Revised Olympic and international sports issues, including anti-doping, sports globalization, and athlete exploitation materials.
- A unique look at negotiating sport industry contracts, including coaches’ and players’ contracts.
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Thorough coverage of professional and amateur sports covering contracts, torts, agency, labor, employment and health and safety law as well as regulation of high school, college and Olympic sport.
- Compelling explanatory text, notes, questions, and review problems to train students to identify and successfully navigate legal issues encountered in a career in sports.
- Well-edited cases to encourage critical thinking and discussion in the classroom.
- Definitions of key terms to aid in comprehension.
- Timely website sources that support further research and classroom discussion.