Employment Law A Guide to Hiring, Managing, and Firing for Employers and Employees, Fourth Edition Lori B. Rassas
Format: Downloadable ZIP File
Resource Type: Test bank
Duration: Unlimited downloads
Delivery: Instant Download
Check Financial institution For Employment Law A Guide to Hiring, Managing, and Firing for Employers and Workers, Fourth Edition Lori B. Rassas
- ISBN-10 : 154381543X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1543815436
Employment Law: A Guide to Hiring, Managing, and Firing for Employers and Workers, Fourth Editionis a sensible textual content for undergraduate, graduate, and paralegal employment legislation, human sources, and enterprise college programs. This distinctive ebook approaches every space from the attitude of each staff and employers. The balanced strategy is organized to monitor the employer-employee relationship specializing in day-to-day hiring, managing, and firing practices. After an summary of discrimination legal guidelines and a dialogue of several types of employment relationships the textual content strikes chronologically from the recruitment of candidates by means of all points of employment to the conclusion of the employment relationship.
Every chapter begins with clear chapter goals. A listing of key phrases ends the chapter adopted by primary questions to guarantee college students grasp the important thing ideas and reality patterns, which check pupil ‘s capability to apply the ideas to office issues. These fact-based situations promote essential considering and develop analytical expertise.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- New protection of the balancing of employer and worker pursuits in regard to political expression and social media use
- Expanded dialogue of employer and worker rights with respect to medical marijuana
- Concentrate on the heightened consideration paid to insurance policies associated to office romances due to the #MeToo motion
- Enhancement of the supplies associated to the prohibition of intercourse discrimination and compensation discrimination supplies, together with the evaluating and contrasting of worker rights beneath Title VII and the Equal Pay Act
- Introduction of Test it out! —a instructing instrument based mostly on real-life situations. These sidebars increase thought-provoking questions designed to provoke each authorized and coverage discussions and reinforce authorized ideas and stakeholder issues.
Professors and college students will profit from:
- Supplies are chronologically organized and monitor the employer worker relationship.
- Sophisticated data is introduced in a transparent and concise method.
- Steering from the very businesses which might be finally accountable for the legal guidelines that regulate the employment relationship is included.
- Tackling of great office issues is paired appropriately with the injection of humor to enhance the eye of scholars and the probability that they maintain the information associated to key ideas.
- College students who work in human sources, employment legislation are supplied with pattern types, enforcement steering, and office posters that they want to know.
- Sensible data inside the context of interviewing offers college students with a wealth of knowledge and points that assist them body interview questions which might be legally compliant.
- References to essentially the most important authorized instances, in addition to some lesser-known instances signify widespread themes.
- Finish-of-chapter questions guarantee college students grasp key ideas. Quite a few reality patterns check whether or not college students not solely perceive these ideas but in addition can apply them to office issues. These fact-based situations promote essential considering and develop analytical expertise in order that the information can be utilized by college students.
- Key phrases seem within the margins the place a time period is first launched and within the glossary on the finish of the ebook. This complete glossary of key phrases offers college students with an extra alternative to assessment essential phrases.